Seven folks, together with two firefighters, have been injured in a gasoline cylinder explosion after a hearth at a store in Maharashtra’s Thane metropolis, a civic official stated on Sunday.
The fireplace broke out round 11 pm on Saturday on the auto spare components store in Wagle Property space and unfold to 2 homes positioned close by, Thane civic physique’s regional catastrophe administration cell (RDMC) chief Santosh Kadam stated.
Two hearth engines, as many rescue autos and a staff of the RDMC rushed to the spot.
Whereas the fireplace personnel had been making an attempt to douse the flames, a gasoline cylinder exploded within the premises, injuring seven folks, together with two firemen, a driver of a fast response automobile and 4 native residents, the official stated.
The injured individuals had been rushed to a close-by hospital the place they’re present process remedy, he stated.
The store was fully gutted within the hearth and the 2 homes additionally suffered damages, the official stated.
The fireplace was extinguished by round 2.30 am on Sunday, he stated, including that the reason for blaze was nonetheless not recognized.