As many as 1,200 birds had been discovered lifeless throughout India on Saturday, together with 900 in a poultry farm in Maharashtra, with the Centre saying that the outbreak of avian influenza has been reported in Uttar Pradesh, taking the overall variety of affected states to seven. These embody Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat, and Uttar Pradesh.
WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR
- After affirmation of Avian Influenza constructive samples in poultry (two poultry farms) of Panchkula district of Haryana, the state has deployed 9 Fast Response groups and management and containment operation is underway in each the epicenters.
- Samples of crow/wild birds have been confirmed for Avian Influenza (H5) from Surat district of Gujarat and Sirohi district of Rajasthan.
- Additional, studies of bizarre deaths of 86 crows and a pair of egrets had been acquired from Kangra district (Himachal Pradesh).
- Reviews of bizarre mortality of untamed birds have additionally been acquired from Nahan, Bilaspur, and Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) and samples have been despatched to the designated laboratory for testing.
- The Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying has issued advisories to the affected states in order to keep away from additional unfold of illness.
- To date, the illness has been confirmed from seven states — Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh.
- Take a look at studies of the samples despatched to the designated laboratory from Delhi, Maharashtra are nonetheless awaited. Additional, no samples have been confirmed constructive in wild birds from Balod district, Chhattisgarh which had been examined earlier.
- Management and containment have been accomplished in each the affected districts of Kerala and Put up Operational Surveillance Programme tips have been issued to the State of Kerala.
- The central groups shaped for monitoring the state of affairs within the affected areas of the nation are visiting the affected websites. One of many central groups reached Kerala on January 9, 2021, and is presently monitoring the epicenter websites and conducting an epidemiological investigation. One other central staff reached Himachal Pradesh on January 10, 2021, and endeavor a survey within the affected areas.
- States have been requested to construct consciousness among the many public and keep away from the unfold of misinformation concerning AI. States/ UTs have been requested to extend surveillance round water our bodies, dwell fowl markets, zoos, poultry farms, and many others. correct disposal of a carcass, and strengthening of bio-security in poultry farms.