Union House Minister Amit Shah on Sunday mentioned a number of the hospitals underneath the municipal companies of Delhi might be transformed into devoted COVID hospitals and medical doctors and paramedics of paramilitary forces might be deployed within the nationwide capital to take care of the scarcity of manpower. To take care of the latest spike in coronavirus instances in Delhi, the Centre mentioned it’ll quickly make obtainable 300 further ICU beds and double the variety of each day RT-PCR checks within the nationwide capital.
The choices had been taken at a high-level assembly chaired by Shah and attended by Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Union Well being Minister Harsh Vardhan amongst others. Shah mentioned to save lots of extra lives, the Centre will even present oxygen, excessive stream nasal cannula and different well being gear to Delhi.
Listed here are the highlights from the Union Minister’s announcement:
- Each day RT-PCR checks in Delhi might be doubled, the capability of the testing laboratories might be enhanced and cell testing vans of the Union Well being Ministry and the Indian Council of Medical Analysis (ICMR) might be deployed within the areas the place the COVID-19 menace is excessive.
- Few MCD hospitals to be transformed into COVID devoted hospitals for therapy of COVID sufferers with gentle signs.
- Devoted multi-department groups to go to all non-public hospitals in Delhi for inspection of availability of COVID-19 medical infrastructure, admission of sufferers and availability of beds.
- Extra oxygen cylinders, Excessive Circulate Nasal Cannula and different obligatory equipments to be made obtainable to Delhi Authorities by the Central Authorities.
- To reinforce the capability of Delhi’s hospitals and on this course, 300 ICU beds might be made obtainable on the DRDO COVID hospital (Dhaula Kuan) along with the present 250 ICU beds.
- To enhance the variety of oxygen beds, the ten,000-bedded Chhatarpur COVID care centre might be strengthened and a number of the hospitals of the municipal companies of Delhi might be transformed into devoted COVID hospitals.
- Instructions are given for protocol to be made for plasma donation and transfusion within the case of COVID-19 sufferers. A high-level committee headed by Dr VK Paul, AIIMS and DG ICMR will submit a report on this quickly.
- Overview of all beforehand established containment measures like marking of containment zones, contact tracing, quarantine and screening in Delhi.
Delhi recorded 3,235 contemporary COVID-19 instances, taking the an infection tally to over 4.85 lakh on Sunday, whereas ninety-five extra fatalities pushed the loss of life toll to 7,614.
The assembly was convened to plan a method to comprise the unfold of the virus in Delhi, particularly in view of the festive season and lowering temperatures accompanied by rising air pollution, the official mentioned.
(With inputs from PTI)